Active & Aware
This Is Elms
Elms College is a modern part of a living tradition established over 300 years ago by the Sisters of St. Joseph — a bold group of devout, progressive changemakers. We are dedicated to providing a rigorous education animated by a community where all are welcome. Religious or non-religious, we’re all on a journey to understand and maneuver the bigger world. We believe education is not an end in itself, but a path to discovering what we can each contribute to that world, our neighborhood, and one another. Discover Your Purpose.
The White House and the U.S. Department of Education are inviting college campuses across the country to join us in our efforts to end the pandemic by signing up for the College Vaccine Campus Challenge. Elms College is proud to accept the challenge, and do everything we can to ensure our students, faculty, and staff are safe! Learn more about our Covid plan.
- 50+We have over 50 undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate academic programs.
- 77%77% of classes have fewer than 20 students, so you get to know your professors for a personalized education experience.
- 97%On average 97% of our undergraduate students receive financial aid.
- 75%75% of our Student-Athletes earn at least a 3.0 grade point average with 57% earning at least a 3.4 GPA.
The Elms Experience
- ExcellenceEMT on the Path to Neurosurgery Tyla Risucci ’21, a double major in biology and chemistry, can pinpoint the exact moment she wanted to become a physician. She was studying...Next
Addison Ray '15A Fighting Chance Wrestling has always been center stage for Addison Ray ’15. As an athlete, he has six years of experience duking it out on the mat. He’s been...PreviousNext
Linda Humphrey Lyimo '21Catholic values are front and center for Linda Humphrey Lyimo '21, a transfer student from Tanzania. The CITS major fell in love with Elms thanks to her religious roots. A...PreviousNext
Alejandra Ocasio '19A transformational internship gave social work graduate Alejandra Ocasio ’19 a new understanding of the connections between culture, identity, and educational achievement. The “Cool Aunt” Social workers have a responsibility...Previous
- ExcellenceTyla Risucci '21
- CommunityAddison Ray '15
- FaithLinda Humphrey Lyimo '21
- JusticeAlejandra Ocasio '19