Elms College at a Glance
Type of Institution
Co-educational Catholic liberal arts college
Chicopee, Massachusetts (population 56,296), two miles from downtown Springfield
1928 by the Sisters of St. Joseph
11,000+ alumni; more than 50% live in the Pioneer Valley. Elms alumni can be found making a difference around the world in 49 states and 20 countries.
Undergraduate, graduate, certificates of advanced graduate studies, doctorate
Number of Degrees
- Associate of Arts (A.A.)
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
- Master of Arts in Applied Theology (MAAT)
- Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences (M.S.)
- Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)
- Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Accounting, Healthcare Leadership, Management, Healthcare Innovation, Lean Entrepreneurship, and Financial Planning
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Master of Science in Autism Spectrum Disorders (M.S. in ASD)
- Master of Science in Accounting and Financial Planning
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) in Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP), and Healthy Systems Innovation and Leadership (HSIL)
- Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study (CAGS) in Education, Communication Sciences and Disorders, and Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Postbaccalaureate Premedical Studies Program
- Postbaccalaureate Pre-Physician Assistant Program
63 full-time, 6 part-time, 158 adjuncts
Average Class Size
1,151 undergraduates; 380 graduates
2019 Graduation Stats
17 associate of arts degrees, 187 bachelor of arts degrees, 206 bachelor of science degrees, 116 master’s degrees, 20 doctor of nursing practice degrees, and 6 certificates of advanced graduate study.
|Tuition*||Room and Board**||Comprehensive Fee***||Total|
* Tuition does not include books and supplies
** Residents are also required to submit a refundable $250 refundable security fee. Dorm rooms include bed, desk and bureau. Bedding and other personal items not included.
*** Certain majors, such as nursing, may require additional fees for labs or clinicals.
More than 95% of all full-time undergraduates receive financial assistance; the average financial aid package for full-time undergraduate students is $34,000.
Graduate Program Tuition Rates
- Graduate tuition for MAAT, ASD, CSD, and Education can be found here
- Tuition for the MBA and MSN programs here
- Tuition for the DNP program can be found here
Member of NCAA Division III and ECAC participating in the New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) in the following sports: baseball, men’s and women’s basketball, men’s and women’s cross country, field hockey, men’s golf, women’s lacrosse, men’s and women’s soccer, softball, men’s and women’s swimming, men’s and women’s track and field, and men’s and women’s volleyball.
Elms College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education. Accreditation by the NECHE indicates that the institution has been carefully evaluated and found to meet standards agreed upon by qualified educators.
The social work program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
The baccalaureate degree in nursing, master’s degree in nursing, and doctor of nursing practice degree in adult gerontology acute care nurse practitioner and family nurse practitioner at Elms College School of Nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 665 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001. Phone: 202-887-6731.
The baccalaureate degree program is fully approved by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing.
Elms College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
Master of Business Administration with concentrations in:
- Healthcare Leadership
Bachelor of Arts with majors in:
- Healthcare Management
- Sport Management
View our IACBE member status.