College of Our Lady of the Elms
Elms College is a dynamic, Catholic, coeducational liberal arts institution whose mission is to educate students of all backgrounds that have distinguished themselves inside and outside the classroom.
We are devoted to providing our students rigorous academic challenges based on developing a strong sense of what they can contribute to the world, to their neighborhood, and to one another. To embody these goals, we strive to create a supportive community that not only enables our students to thrive, but one that they’ll take with them after they graduate.
Prepared for careers, and life, our grads leave Elms College richer than they started — rooted in faith, educated in mind, compassionate in heart, responsive to civic and social obligations, and capable of adjusting to change without compromising principle.
What Elms employees are saying…
“I’ve worked for Elms College for 17 years and there’s always something new happening. Because I never get bored.”
Administrative Assistant for Institutional Advancement
“At Elms College, I know I will have a positive impact on students because I am a part of an inclusive learning environment where students understand and appreciate each other through global experiences."
Director International Programs
“From day one, the staff, faculty, and students were so welcoming. I have been with Elms College for two years and every day the students bring a smile to my face.”
Assistant Athletic Director for Facilities Programming and Management
Elms college benefits
Elms College offers many employee benefits to our eligible faculty and staff. Eligibility for College benefits is based on your classification, the nature of your employment as well as your appointment duration and percentage of time and the number of hours you work.
In addition to Health, Dental, Life, and Disability insurance, Elms also offers pet insurance provided by Aetna at a discounted price through the college’s membership with the Chicopee Chamber of Commerce.
A 403(b) Retirement Plan is also immediately offered through TIAA CREF to all employees, regardless of the number of hours worked and it’s matched up to 5%.
More than 20 days of paid holidays are given to regular full-time and part-time employees immediately upon hire. Elms also offers: sick leave, vacation and personal time off.
Elms also offers several tuition benefit programs for employees.
- Full-time employees, spouses and qualified dependents are eligible for a tuition waiver for undergraduate courses taken at Elms College. In addition, full-time employees are eligible to enroll in master’s degree courses tuition free at Elms College.* Elms College Tuition Remission Policy
- Regular part-time employees, those who work at least 20 hours per week, are eligible for a tuition waiver for undergraduate courses at Elms College and may take up to 12 credits in a year (defined as Sept 1- August 31).
- Full-time employees can also apply to tuition assistance programs for their dependent children after one year of employment.
Other great Elms College employee benefits include:
- BJ’s membership at a reduced fee.
- Free individual membership to the Maguire Fitness Center. Membership is also at no cost for the family members of full-time faculty and staff.**
- 15% off Verizon Wireless available on calling plans, phones, devices, and accessories.
Discounted computer equipment and software:
- DELL – Dell University offers a dedicated account team to help you customize our PC or laptop to fit your needs.
- APPLE – has an online computer store that lets you customize their own purchases and order online.
- SOFTWARE – is also available for purchase at a discount from the Elms College Online store.
Apply to work at Elms College today!
Find the right job for you! Browse current listings here.
Learn more About Elms
You can always call our switchboard at 413-594-2761 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm.
Please note that all benefits are subject to change at any time.
*Family means spouse and qualified dependent children (defined by IRS guidelines). Questions concerning employee benefits may be directed to Human Resources at 413-265-2365.
** Spouse or children are not included. Also excluded from employee tuition waivers: Doctor in Nursing Practice (DNP). The waiver applies to tuition only; the employee is responsible for paying the cost of books, room, board, fees, etc.