Campus will reopen for the fall 2020 semester
- Fall semester will begin Sept. 2 and end on Dec. 11.
- All classes will switch to remote instruction starting Nov. 30.
- Students can choose to take classes in-person, online, or a combination of both.
- Labs, clinical placements, student teaching, and internships will be organized on a case-by-case basis.
- Students in our off-campus programs should check the website of their respective school for more information about plans for the fall.
New safety procedures
The safety and health of the entire Elms community is the college’s top priority. Our safety guidelines are based on currently available science published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH). They include the following:
- Practicing social distancing whenever possible.
- Wearing a face mask at all times when social distancing is difficult or not possible.
- Self-monitoring for symptoms of COVID-19 every day and contacting the Health Center if you feel ill.
- Completing a COVID-19 student checklist.
Resources and support networks
- Elms will provide all students, faculty, and staff with a washable cloth face mask.
- All resident students will undergo a health screening prior to moving into the residence halls.
- Campus cleaning protocols will follow Massachusetts Department of Public Health and CDC guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at entrances to all buildings, classrooms, and the dining hall. Disposable wipes will also be available in common areas and restrooms.
- Dining services will offer increased takeout meal options.
- Residence halls will follow new guidelines for social distancing.
- Student Government Association will offer creative ways to get involved.
Information for prospective students
Interested in attending Elms College? We have a variety of ways to experience our beautiful campus virtually. We encourage you to check out our visit page, which includes a virtual tour and information about Instagram Live Q&A sessions.